Saturday 26 March 2016

Lacy Underwear in My Pocket

Standing under the low ceiling that covered the back door entrance, I stopped to reflect on what was unfolding simply just in this moment. I was craving a cigarette, which is balanced on the edge of unusual and understandable, as I have never smoked a day in my life. I still craved the moment of relaxation where I could focus my mind on the inhalation, exhalation, inhalation... I didn't want to continually run my mind as it had been doing throughout this particular day.

I was wearing a ripped faux leather jacket, with a long sweater underneath of it, and a pair of black lacy underwear in my pocket. This sounds ridiculous but my days have been bending into the unusual more and more as the year progressed.

The underwear can simply be explained in one sentence: A fellow student had asked me to pose for a gallery which is focused on self-image. A touchy situation for most but an important topic to keep in the mind of the community. My jacket was ripped from the back straining bag I carried around each day. I am not meaning to complain about my life in this post but rather to explain why it has been so difficult for me to meet with friends or have enough time to socialize, which I apologize for.

Three members of my at-school family.

I am extremely grateful for the people in my life who have stepped up to help me through the rougher spots in my college career that are to be expected from a student.

No comments:

Post a Comment