Thursday 21 April 2016

NY2- 15,638 Steps

Hotel --> St. Patricks Cathedral --> High Line and Chelsea Market --> Aperture Gallery --> Lombardi's Pizza --> Hotel.

Day two... Only it felt like week two. My feet were not yet sore, but that was yet to come! We were fitting so much into only a few days so the time felt much longer than it actually was. Regardless of the length of the stay, I was having such an amazing time.

The Cathedral was built in 1858 and took over 20 years to be constructed. The hard work that was ever so carefully placed into this magnificent building shines through the stained glass windows and echoes off the marble walls, illuminating the many rows of pews. People were walking around, sitting for prayer, and some were lighting prayer candles.

I lit a candle for my Papa.

Amazing architecture! 
Dave's glorious beard glistens in the sunshine.

Art is everywhere, especially the High Line


The boardwalk was a lovely walk, especially on this particular day! It was warm and there was a slight breeze. As people passed by us I couldn't help but wonder what each person was thinking. Beside me was an artist sketching the drummer beside her. After the sketch she filled it in with watercolour markers, blowing on the thick papers to dry them. Grabbing a fuzzy peach popsicle, my afternoon was made. 


Busy, busy, busy markets!
 The markets were just booming as we ventured onward. One of my favourite parts of the walk was to look into the little shops and cafes to experience different people's everyday lives at a glance.

Right outside Lombardi's Pizza there is lots of night life.
 "Cheers!" Cries my teacher, as we all clink drinks at the long and piled table. We were finally to our last stop before the hotel. Ordering so many types of pizzas, I could not keep count,  we awaited our orders. The first bite of Lombardi's Pizza was to die for! Whether this was the best pizza I had ever eaten or I was hungry from the long day, I scarfed down multiple slices in a matter of 10 minutes.

7th floor of our hotel.
Each one of us flopped onto our beds and rested our, now, aching muscles, and imported the day's photos. We were tired and ready for a hot shower to prepare us for the next adventure that tomorrow would hold for us.


If you would like to check out my colleagues thoughts about the great NYC, visit our school blog here! --> digitalphotographylambtoncollege.blogspot.co

No comments:

Post a Comment